Literacy and Numeracy
- Every lesson presentation includes key words thus developing student’s understanding of technical words used within the lesson.
- Software highlighting spelling and grammar mistakes, providing intervention through immediate feedback, helping students develop their literacy.
- Word mats are available to further support literacy in Computer Science
- Attention to detail when spelling certain key words when programming further supports literacy.
- Numeracy is developed via various Computer Science topics such as ‘Binary and Hexadecimal Number Systems’, ‘Boolean Algebra’, ‘Algorithm writing and tracing’, ‘Programming and Problem solving of mathematical problems’, ‘Data Representation Topics’.