Catering for All Groups of Learner
The CS curriculum has been designed to cater for all groups of learners, such as SEN, disadvantaged and non-disadvantaged students.
Strategies to support disadvantaged students:
- Quality First Teaching
- Live Marking – Effective feedback, with a focus on disadvantaged students
- Quick Quizzes with immediate feedback after each answer
- Learning Habits – Meta Cognition – Resilience
- Videoed lesson at GCSE and A-Level (and a growing number at KS3)
- Use of Computer Room outside of lesson time
- Ability to loan raspberry pi and robotics kits for use at home
- Purchase of revision guides (although this is also the case for all students)
- All resources available online via department website, which has been designed to be responsive enabling students without family PC to still access resources via their phone.